Good Morning Garden Club!
A quick note to keep folks up-to-speed on all the “happenings”.
- We had another highly successful Lobby Poinsettia Display (LPD) for the holidays. 2017 saw us pick-up 3-NASA Centers!! LPD 2018 will see even MORE collaboration!
- If you drive North on SR-3 (North of NASA Parkway East), you will notice on the East side of the roadway/shoulder across from Roberts Road survey stakes noting the NEW “No Mowing” wildflowers test site! If you want to be involved in the worth-wild effort contact me. We can always use some help/private funds.
- Watch the KSC Daily News for the following:
We are organizing a Whiffle Ball Tournament for February 9th to raise funds for the Club’s SPRING PLANTINGS!! I need a Project Manager so contact me if you want to volunteer.
Whiffle Ball Tournament for Spring Flowers-Fund Drive
Your KSC Garden Club is swinggin’ for the fences! Spring planting season is right around the corner and we need funds to re-plant and refresh our 9-Gardens on Center! We need funds or is that FUN?! To that end, we have procured an official whiffle-ball set and will organize a full tournament to be held 1-day, February 9th after work starting at 3pm. This tournament will last 2-hours with the winning team being crowned “KSC 2018 Whiffle-ball Champions!” Please visit our website for more details click here. Cost is $3 CASH per person at time of event for teams of two to five. ALL proceeds go directly into the ground!
- We are scheduling a Plant Swap (#3) for March 16th. FREE PLANTS & SMILES! More to come!
- KSC walk-run is KSC Walk-Run for March 13, 2018 and we will have an outreach display, signs, and need 2-folks to volunteer to chat and take e-mail addresses. You get a FREE Walk-run Shirt! J Contact me.
- Finally, we are proud to unveil our NEW logo! Some things are worth waiting for!
- We continue to try and “Partner” with the Visitor’s Center. If someone would like to help Project Manage this effort and/or create a draft Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) please contact me.
I welcome your comments and ideas for innovation and collaboration as well as how best to grow our vision of “Flowers Make Humans Happy” in alignment with our CORE NASA Mission(s).